Thursday, June 10, 2010

Growing Growing Growing

 Mr Andrew you still amaze us EVERY day!!!
 We have truly been spoiled by such a happy, easy going baby!!

Yesterday we had your 4 month appt and in the doctor's words "You are perfect!"
(Not that I needed a doctor to tell me that of course. hehe)
Your weight: 14lbs 8oz
height - 25in
head - 16.75in
You rank in the 50th percentile in all categories!
You were so happy and just talking to anybody that would give you attention! And your hair of course attracts A LOT of attention. It is definitely your trademark at this point :)
I did a lot of research on your vaccine schedule and actually made my own schedule that I was hoping to be able to use. Much to my surprise, Dr.Cevey had no objections to it and stuck in your chart for us to go by until you are 5 years old! In doing my research, I found a lot of people have hit barriers and obstacles with their doctors when they try to stray from the general CDC recommendation. I feel so fortunate to have a pediatrician who allows for some parental discretion.  You missed your two month appointment because it was the same week as your cardiology appointment. Since you received a big thumbs up from cardiology, I decided to go ahead and wait. You have the privilege of being baby #3 and mommy doesn't worry as much about every detail! Your sisters have paved the way for you :)
You did get two of your vaccines today and only fussed literally for 5 seconds!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! In less than a minute you were smiling and laughing again! WHAT???! The four month appointment with your sisters was CRAZY (it was the worst one to date)!!! They DID NOT like it! (granted they got a couple more vaccines than you did but they were not happy campers).
What a big boy! I was so used to taking a couple minutes to calm the girls down in the room after the nurse left. I found myself still standing in the room going "what am I waiting for? you are happy!!" I did laugh at myself for a moment. I sure hope ALL our appointments go this well! Way to go buddy!!
 We hopped back in the car and headed to pick the girls up at Tita's. You were talking one second and out like a light the next! I have to admit, I did have a moment of panic and had to pull over to make sure you were breathing!


Before going in, I would have thought you were above 50% but I forgot the boy curve is a little different than the girls. You are so much bigger than your sisters were.
Here are their comparison:
Elizabeth weight: 13lbs 3oz
height - 22.6 in
head - 16.6 in
Olivia weight - 12lbs 4oz
height - 22.6 in
head 16.3
Although it doesn't seem like a huge difference, as I found with the twins, 2.5in and almost 2 lbs is a HUGE difference in infants.


 Here is the 2 month comparison (since we missed our official one)
weight, height
Andrew: 11lbs 12oz, ~23.6in
Elizabeth - 7lbs,  19.6in
Olivia - 7lbs 1oz, 20.6in



No comments:

Post a Comment