Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cloth diapers!!

I can hardly believe it but we have officially made the switch to cloth diapers and wipes! It's been almost a month and I am so surprised that I have been able to stick with it and have success. It really hasn't been near as bad as I had imagined. A fellow twin mom had a couple of us over and gave us all kinds of information on the different kinds, how to clean, and be successful with cloth diapers. Yes, more laundering is involved but with three kids and two adults it's not like I'm not doing tons of laundry as it is.
We have had so much trouble with the girls sensitive skin and not being able to wear so many brands of regular and swim diapers that I decided to give cloth a whirl and maybe save Drew some of these problems (and hopefully save money too)
The girls tend to have clothes at our house, my parent's house and the lake house. Somehow a lot of the panties have ended up back at our house. After spending memorial weekend at the lake, being home one day, then spending the week in Ft. Worth, I came home to do laundry and realized I had washed over 50 pairs of little girl panties!! YIKES! But when you are potty training two two year olds (especially in the beginning), I did find that you really can't have too many! hehe.
The far stack with pink are the girls undies, the next stack are the homemade cloth wipes that my mom and I made with our homemade spray for cleaning, and the rest are the two versions of cloth diapers I have for Drew for right now

No comments:

Post a Comment