I can't believe it but my little man is FINALLY talking!! It was actually right before christmas but I am so far behind in my posts and until we move it will still be awhile before I can get caught up BUT before I forget some of the fun things going on right now thought I would just drop a few notes.
Probably a week or so before Christmas Andrew was starting to repeat more words than usual AND actually USE them correctly. Previous to this point he had a handful of words he could say but would randomly use them. Up to this point he had been doing a lot of pointing and yelling! always fun!! I wasn't overly concerned about his lack of vocabulary because both the girls were late talkers as well (granted they were preemies and he was term. hmmm). Either way I was still going to wait a few months before I actually addressed it. Being a boy and the third child apparently are also factors that can contribute to delayed speech. All that being said our boy is TALKING!!! He repeats literally everything you say and is already starting to put 2-3 word sentences together. really??! this kid wasn't saying anything just less than two months ago. He also knows his entire alphabet, lower and uppercase letters. Although I cant take credit for this. He LOVES the preschool prep series videos and learned his alphabet in about three weeks. Great videos for kiddos, horribly boring for adults (as in might even make you crazy watching it...brutal..lol!). As of his birthday he can sing his entire alphabet. SOOOOO cute!! and he is so proud of himself when he does. As far as numbers, he can recoginze the numbers 1-10 individually but when counting will still skip a few. 1,2,3..7,8,9,10. for some reason those middle numbers haven't quite made it into the sequence. He has made leaps and bounds of progress since Christmas. It absolutely amazes me. The girls went through a similar progression. It was just after there second birthday that they started using words and within a month or so were using sentences. Apparently I have kids that are all or nothing. For all three, the first "real" words came so late but they once they came there was no stopping them.
And speaking of no stopping them. Elizabeth and Olivia are in crazy mode question made! holy cow, I CANNOT keep up with these two. The amount of questions that come my way on a daily basis is utterly exhausting. I am walking a fine line of trying to make sure I don't discourage them asking questions but being able to stay sane too :) I read a post on pinterest the other day that said the average 4 year old asks 400+ questions a day. does that mean I am getting 800+ questions a day.....I THINK I WOULD SAY YES!!!! They get constant reminders that there is only ONE mommy and THREE kids! :)
I will say that beyond the exhaustion that I do feel by the end of each day, I can honestly say that I am loving this age. Two four year olds and a two year old is really a lot of fun. Especially with Andrew now talking and doing a lot less yelling we are just trying to stay busy. With our impending move and trying to "show" our house it is a bit crazy. Three kids and three animals definitely makes it difficult to keep our house "show" ready. Maybe all of this will help me be more organized in our next house. Truth is we outgrew our house the day andrew came home. we have been busting at the seams for awhile. We are looking forward to more space (more details in a future post).
No comments:
Post a Comment